These days there are so many options when it comes to travel. Sometimes it can even feel overwhelming when trying to make a decision of where to go and what to do. Here are a couple of pointers that can help to shed some light on why yoga retreats are a fun and easy way to have the vacation of a life time.
1. Time- Our time is of such tremendous value these days. We want to make the best of our vacation and get the most from what our host destination can offer. On a yoga retreat, your trip is customized to include local adventures, food, culture and nature. So in a week or so, you can fit everything in, all while doing it in a healthy and mindful way!
2. Money- Let’s face it: budgeting plays an important role in travel planning. Yoga retreats are typically the entire package wrapped into one price (although likely excluding airfare). Because of the overabundance of yoga retreats on the market, there are now great deals to be found. Seek out a travel company or yoga instructor that is providing quality experiences (see our previous blogs on what makes a yoga retreat special) and you can end up with a great deal that includes all meals, activities, accommodations and, of course, yoga!
3. Growth- I’m a firm believer that any travel experience, whether it’s alone or in a group, to a new neighborhood or a new continent, can be a valuable learning experience. What makes a yoga retreat so special is that it’s an experience specifically geared towards awakening and self-discovery. Ideally, it includes bringing participants into the present moment. Being present in your yoga, meals, eco-adventures or even naps in a hammock can be transformational.
4. Sharing- Most people want to share their experiences with others. Sharing and creating experiences with a new community of people is exciting and rewarding. The best part is that you walk away with new friends and travel companions!
5. Peace of Mind- Our world moves too fast for us that we frequently return home from vacations feeling depleted and stressed. Integrating body, mind and soul into a vacation and returning home feeling rejuvenated, healthy and possibly inspired is a healthy way to re-enter your life and your work.
This list just scratches the surface of what yoga retreats can offer. It’s a rare gift to be able to create experiences that combine rewarding and fun activities like travel and wellness.